POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suggestions on motherboard : Re: Suggestions on motherboard Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions on motherboard
From: Phil Cook
Date: 17 Mar 2008 07:43:53
Message: <op.t75uzsqac3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 17 Mar 2008 04:38:38 -0000, Gail Shaw sa dot com>

<"<initialsurname"@sentech> did spake, saying:

> "Severi Salminen" <sev### [at] NOTTHISsaunalahtifiinvalid> wrot

> in
> message news:47dd96c9$1@news.povray.org...
>> Gail Shaw wrote:
>>
>> > No need for onboard LAN, video or sound. I'm buying or have seperat

>> cards for those.
>>
>> Do you have a particular reason for NOT to use onboard LAN? Video I
>> understand - sound..yes, but why not LAN?
>
> Got a wireless network card I'll be using.

I know Asus does motherboards with built in WiFi tum-ti-tum ah here we g

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/asus_p5b/

>> Processor = Intel Core-2 Quad, 2.66

Check (confirmed elsewhere)

>> The board must support at least 4 GB of DDR2 800 memory.

8Gb DDR2 800

>> Must have at least 4 SATA-2 ports. No RAID requirements

6 SATA 3.0Gb

>> Must have at least 6, preferably more, USB-2 ports

8

Might save you a slot with built-in WiFi.

--

Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com